Thursday 25 August 2011

DANCER DIVINE

Dear Manjariji,

I have written this poem to you on a sudden inspiration….
…I hope you will like the poem.

With warm regards,

Jayasree Bahl
Jabahl2001@yahoo.co.in


DANCER DIVINE

A filmy veil across your face
Of fatigue there’s ne’er a trace
Dancer divine, your artistry flows
From an inner sanctum where only God goes

You twirl, you whirl like an autumn leaf
With a grace which words belies
Your every movement of perfect hue
Like a dewdrop on a rose freshly lies

Sorrow and joy flit across your visage
As clouds in a windswept sky
Shadow and light in a desert mirage
Could be no more elusive if they tried

In darkness, in light you dance in abandon
Searching for the union divine
I watch mesmerized like a hypnotized one
Wishing this inspiration could be mine

My pen can no more do justice to you
Than words could your status elevate
For you, Manjariji, are an apsara divine
No human strength can your fervour abate

Enraptured by your excellence, I am transported
To a realm of the highest grace and skill
God lives in you, He draws you to Him
This I can see as I sit oh! So still

1 comment:

  1. True, other so many things in your personality and dance

    ReplyDelete